The Grateful Christian

Essays, opinions, and works-in-progress by a conservative Lutheran pastor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan, United States

In order of importance, I am a: Husband, father, pastor, hobby programmer, writer. Thoughts are but coins. Let me not trust instead
Of Thee, their thin-worn image of Thy head.

--C.S.Lewis, The Apologist's Evening Prayer

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back, Sort Of

Hello, I'm back. Sort of. Where have I been? About a year ago, my wife and I moved. I know, it's incredibly banal. It's also been an incredible amount of work, not just moving, but learning to be a HOMEOWNER for the first time in my life. Plus getting ready for my son Noah's wedding, which took place June 1st.

This process, and the months leading up to it, almost made me abandon this blog. I have no right to call myself a Grateful Christian. I am grateful, but my gratitude is such a weak, watered down thing, and is so frequently kept shining brightly under a bushel...

The other thing that has restrained me is that I have moved away from a lot of the literary and philosophical explorations that this blog was for. Mostly because the books were all packed (most still are). We'll see what happens, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Orycteropus Afer said...

Glad you've come back, Joe. I'll keep you on the "inactive" list at the BBOV, but once you get going again, will be glad to move you back up into the main list.

Sep 22, 2008, 1:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home