The Grateful Christian

Essays, opinions, and works-in-progress by a conservative Lutheran pastor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan, United States

In order of importance, I am a: Husband, father, pastor, hobby programmer, writer. Thoughts are but coins. Let me not trust instead
Of Thee, their thin-worn image of Thy head.

--C.S.Lewis, The Apologist's Evening Prayer

Monday, October 30, 2006

Additions To My Tiny Blogroll

My blogroll at left is not some sort of exclusive club. It's just my short list of the blogs I drop in at regularly. I have added two today:
Daylight - the blog of Old Solar Online magazine. Rick Ritchie is a regular, and edifying, contributor to Cranach; but when I read his most recent post, I resolved to start hanging out at Daylight more. This guy, too, has mojo.

Here's a teaser:
Overstatement is part of the Lutheran grammar. You speak a different language and you describe a different faith. It the very fabric of Lutheranism. Trying to iron out the wrinkle is like trying to iron out a felt hat. You may succeed, but you will no longer have a hat.

The other new addition is Fire and Knowledge, the blog of Joshua Sowin. Not really a blog, actually... oh, never mind, I'll let him explain it:
This is not a “blog” in the normal sense, as it tries not to be narcissistic or contemporary, but rather encourage others to think deeply about important issues through quotes, essays, and occasional links.

I find that looking over his shoulder as he does this is very stimulating. Besides, I wanted his advice for my own wrestling with the proper use of quotes, and instead of blowing me off, he posted a very helpful comment. A good goober.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Sowin said...

Goober?

Oct 30, 2006, 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger solarblogger said...

I prefer Raisinettes, myself.

Nov 1, 2006, 7:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home